Trainee Manufacturing Engineer (2nd intake)
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals with a keen interest in engineering and manufacturing to join our in-house trainee programme. These positions provide an attractive opportunity to enter a career in manufacturing with a real opportunity for the right person to develop and progress through the Company into management.
With significant emphasis on structured training across all departments you will learn from the ground up. This position is built upon a formal training plan that reflects the expectation of progression. This means the successful candidate will take on additional responsibilities and duties throughout the course of the training plan as they gain knowledge and demonstrate ability and understanding.
There is a clear structure to this programme that links progress and achievement directly to salary expectations, so a particularly strong trainee displaying consistent progress, competence and the ability to take on new tasks and responsibilities can expect their remuneration package to grow considerably in a relatively short time frame.
Specific training will major on production related areas such as: machine operation; tool mounting; machine setting; process optimisation, validation and control; materials recycling, stores management and supervision. In addition, in order to provide a broad and comprehensive introduction to manufacturing, you will spend time in supporting departments and undertake relevant training in quality assurance, weighing, sorting & packing and printing & assembly.
The Company operates 24 hours per day during week days. The standard hours 46hours per week between 7am and 7pm. After initial training you will be required to cover some shifts in Production which could involve any time between 7am to 7pm days and/or 7pm to 7am nights.
The ideal candidate will need to possess and demonstrate the following:
- A good educational background. Qualification could be the successful completion of a relevant college course to degree level; "A" levels; good GCSE grades or similar.
- A good work ethic with a “can do” attitude
- Keen to learn, develop, succeed and progress
- Naturally enthusiastic and ambitious
You will be equally at home working on your own initiative as you are in a team
- Flexible, reliable and conscientious.
- A good level of fitness as the role has some physical demands.
- Show some bias towards manufacturing / engineering in educational achievements and/or hobbies and interests.
- Participate in a highly developed and structured training programme.
- Starting rate of pay will be between £16,000 and £18,000 per annum, this will be increased after successful completion of an initial probation period and will also be increased as key training milestones are successfully achieved.
- Annual holiday entitlement will be 5 weeks plus
- Life assurance and personal accident insurance
- Opportunity to join our auto enrolment pension scheme.
If you are interested in the position and believe you fit what we are looking for, please forward your CV and a covering letter or download an application form from our website, complete it fully and return it to us.
Plasmotec is a plastic injection moulding company specialising in offering a full service solution, from concept through to production. This means we get involved in the design and development of new products and the manufacture of plastic components. Production batch quantities can be from just a few hundred mouldings to several million. We supply to a variety of industry sectors, with a significant bias to the packaging sector. We are located just off the A43 at Brackley, a few minutes from junction 10 of the M40.